Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue October 23, 2012
Who Stole the American Dream?
Is America still the land of opportunity? Pulitzer-Prize winning journalist Hedrick Smith takes on that question in his new book,
“Who Stole the American Dream?” (Random House/2012). His answer is a flat, “no,” but the reasons are not so simple. From the introduction of the 401k to the deregulation of banks, Hedrick Smith joins host Frank Stasio to explain the loss of America’s prosperity