Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri August 2, 2013
WATCH: So Cute! Baby Elephant Splashes In Kiddie Pool
Originally published on Fri August 2, 2013 4:14 pm
We'll get back to the real news, soon enough. But right now, we're pausing for a moment of cute.
The Fort Worth Zoo is celebrating the "biggest baby in town," a less-than-month-old, 300-pound baby elephant named Belle. (It's the second elephant birth in the zoo's 104-year history.) Yesterday, with the Texas sun high overhead, they let Belle splash around in a kiddie pool. And there's nothing more to be said other than, watch:
Update at 4:03 p.m. ET. Something Cuter?
We promise we don't spend our entire workday looking for cute animals on the Internet. But Google Earth Pics just tweeted a picture of baby platypuses, which is just adorable. Enjoy: