Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
- Dozens Say NC's Proposed Rules For Abortion Clinics Are OK, But A Few Disagree
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed April 17, 2013
WATCH: Obama Says It's A 'Pretty Shameful Day In Washington'
Originally published on Wed April 17, 2013 6:44 pm
President Obama ditched his usual diplomacy and accused Republican senators of putting politics ahead of the wants of the American people, when they voted to reject a bipartisan measure that would have expanded federal background checks for firearm purchases.
"All in all, this is a pretty shameful day in Washington," Obama said.
We've already written about the news. But, via The New York Times, here is video of Obama's speech, which he gave flanked by victims of gun violence, including the parents of a child killed in Newtown and former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.