Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Sat June 7, 2014
Watch: First Lady Michelle Obama Delivers Eulogy For Maya Angelou
Originally published on Sat June 7, 2014 2:04 pm
This morning at Wake Forest University in Winston-Salem, N.C., family, friends and dignitaries gathered to pay their final respects to author and poet Maya Angelou, who died last week.
President Clinton and Oprah were two of the featured speakers. She was remembered remembered as humanist who taught others the "poetry of courage."
But in our estimation, first lady Michelle Obama delivered an outstanding tribute to the poet.
It's well worth 10 minutes of your day to watch:
The entire service is here:
The State of Things
Arts & Culture