Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue November 26, 2013
Wal-Mart's New CEO Is An Insider
Originally published on Thu December 4, 2014 8:57 am
Wal-Mart’s new choice to lead the company is longtime Wal-Mart executive Doug McMillon.
He started working at the world’s largest retailer as a summer associate in 1984 and returned in 1990, working his way up the ranks.
McMillon will face a number of challenges, including sluggish growth and accusations that Wal-Mart underpays its workers.
The Wall Street Journal’s Jason Bellini joins Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson to discuss McMillon and the challenges he’s facing.