Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu December 23, 2010
Wake May Get New Superintendent
The Wake County School Board is apparently on the verge of hiring a new superintendent. Donna Haargens has served in the position as an interim since the spring.
A special meeting of the Wake School Board is scheduled for tonight, with just one agenda item. It’s believed that item is hiring a superintendent.
The News and Observer of Raleigh says the discussion will center on one candidat - Anthony Tata. He’s a former Brigadier General and author who is currently the Chief Operating Officer of the Washington DC schools.
Tata has never been an educator and does not hold a superintendent’s certificate. The Wake School Board removed that requirement when it posted the job opening earlier this year.
It is believed that Tata has the support of the Republican majority on the school board.