Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri March 9, 2012
Voices for Civil Rights Part II
The Southern Oral History Program at UNC-Chapel Hill has just completed work on a new collection of interviews about the civil rights movement. Over the last year and a half, oral historians traveled the country to document the experiences of lay-people and leaders from the movement.
This series is part of a joint project between the Smithsonian Institution and the Library of Congress. Seth Kotch coordinated the effort, and he's joining us each Friday to share some of what they found for a series we're calling Voices for Civil Rights.