Most Active Stories
- Raleigh Viral Video: 'Xmas Jammies' Close To 11 Million Youtube Views
- Evelin Huerta: 'My Brother's Death Is Still A Mystery'
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- How Did #NotYourAsianSidekick Become The Place To Talk About Race and Stereotypes Online?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue June 19, 2012
“One Man…Two Titanium Legs…100 Chickens.” That’s the tag line for a forthcoming documentary called “The Farmer Veteran Project” produced by Vittles Films. The movie centers around the story of Alex Sutton, a veteran of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan who was seriously injured on his final tour of duty.
Sutton now raises heirloom chickens in North Carolina and uses farming as a way to heal from the trauma of combat. Filmmakers Alix Blair, Jeremy Lange and D.L. Anderson join host Frank Stasio to talk about documenting Sutton’s agricultural therapy and about Vittles, the filmmaker collective co-founded by Anderson.