Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu May 30, 2013
VIDEO: Miranda Lambert's Tears At 'Healing In The Heartland'
Originally published on Thu May 30, 2013 12:55 pm
There were several emotional moments during Wednesday's nationally broadcast "Healing in the Heartland" benefit concert to raise money for victims of the May 20 tornado that devastated Moore, Okla., and nearby communities.
Singing star Miranda Lambert's tears, though, are worth some special attention. NBC News has video showing how she struggled to get through her hit "The House That Built Me." As EW.com PopWatch blogger Annie Barrett wrote early Thursday, after seeing Lambert's performance: "Well, I'm spent."
The United Way of Oklahoma is collecting contributions:
Call 1-800-890-4999 (primary)
Text "REBUILD" to 52000
Visit UnitedWay.org/REBUILD to make an online contribution
President Obama and other federal officials have also suggested sending donations to the American Red Cross.