Most Active Stories
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
- Back Porch Music Is Back On The Lawn: 8 Free Concerts In 2014
- Meet The Candidates: North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue November 13, 2012
VIDEO: In Australia, A Total Solar Eclipse
Originally published on Wed November 14, 2012 11:30 am
There were two minutes of stunning astronomical coincidence over Australia today.
It was a total solar eclipse and the images are just stunning:
The AP reports that people across Australia waited on boats, hot air ballons, hill tops and beaches waiting for the sublime moment. Some worried that clouds would obscure it.
But totality, or the point at which the moon completely covers the surface of the sun, lasted 2 minutes and 5 seconds and it was spectacular.
ABC News posted video of the event as it approached totality: