Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- [VIDEO] Dinosaur Theft Suspects Turn Themselves In, Authorities Say
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Comcast 'Embarrassed' By The Service Call Making Internet Rounds
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Mon August 13, 2012
Vice President Biden Brings Campaign To Durham
Vice President Joe Biden was in Durham today on the campaign trail. His visit comes just one day after Republican Mitt Romney and his vice presidential pick visited North Carolina. Biden told a cheering crowd that he and President Obama want to do everything they can to support the middle class. But he says Ryan's budget plan, adopted by the U-S House, supports wealthy people by giving them tax breaks and cuts programs for the poor.
Vice President Joe Biden: Now that Governor Romney has selected his running mate, those differences are even more stark. The reason I say that- Congressman Ryan has given definition to the vague commitments that Romney's been making. There's definition to it now, it's clear.
Ryan heads the House Budget Committee in Congress. Both the Romney and Obama campaigns have opened dozens of offices in the state, which is expected to be key in the November election.