Most Active Stories
- Viral Video: 'XMas Jammies' Features WNCN Anchor Penn Holderness And His Family
- DOT Secretary And SELC Director Debate Bonner Bridge
- Listeners Comment: NC Ranks #7 On List Of Nation’s Worst Drivers
- Professors: NC Conservative Think Tank Trying To 'Bully' Chapel Hill Instructor
- The Case Against Multivitamins Grows Stronger
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed April 3, 2013
A Veteran's Wife Is Diagnosed With PTSD - From Reliving The War With Him
Kat Honaker’s husband survived the war in Iraq. Now that he’s home, he’s fighting for his life again. Dealing with her husband’s trauma has meant that she, too, has a diagnosis of PTSD from reliving the war with him.
Kat blogs about her family’s experiences, and provides resources for those facing the same battles.
Then, we hear from Dr. Stephen Xenakis, a retired Army psychiatrist, about new approaches for coping with Traumatic Brain Injury, or TBI, including hyperbaric oxygen and cranial electrical stimulation.
Hear these interviews at The Story's website.