Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu March 15, 2012
Veterans & Trauma
A recent report from the Department of Veteran Affairs revealed a stark truth: every 80 minutes, a veteran takes his or her own life. The risk of suicide is even greater for service members suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD.
Treatment of PTSD has greatly improved during the military conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan and the stigma of a diagnosis is slowly starting to fade, but the disorder is affecting more and more veterans. Host Frank Stasio discusses trauma and veterans with Gregory Inman, a clinical psychologist and Team Leader at the Raleigh Vet Center.