Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri October 28, 2011
VA Clinic Likely Heading to Kernersville
A Veteran's clinic and several hundred jobs are likely heading to Kernersville.
"According to a Kernersville city official the clinic would bring at least 600 jobs to the community located in between Greensboro and Winston-Salem. The Veterans Administration is choosing a site for a new 300,000 square foot outpatient clinic. It will replace the 58,000 square foot clinic in Winston-Salem that is now 13 years old. The Kernersville employee confirmed that the VA is no longer considering a site in Winston-Salem for the new facility. Kernersville has two of the remaining three sites that are a possible location for the clinic. The clinic would be owned by a private developer and leased back the VA for the next 20 years. If Kernersville is selected, the clinic is scheduled to open in the summer of 2013."
State of Things