Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri October 28, 2011
VA Clinic Likely Heading to Kernersville
A Veteran's clinic and several hundred jobs are likely heading to Kernersville.
"According to a Kernersville city official the clinic would bring at least 600 jobs to the community located in between Greensboro and Winston-Salem. The Veterans Administration is choosing a site for a new 300,000 square foot outpatient clinic. It will replace the 58,000 square foot clinic in Winston-Salem that is now 13 years old. The Kernersville employee confirmed that the VA is no longer considering a site in Winston-Salem for the new facility. Kernersville has two of the remaining three sites that are a possible location for the clinic. The clinic would be owned by a private developer and leased back the VA for the next 20 years. If Kernersville is selected, the clinic is scheduled to open in the summer of 2013."
State of Things