Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- The Complex Identities Of Some Of America's Most Famous Black Men
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue January 29, 2013
Unemployment Changes Coming
The General Assembly is expected to consider legislation this week that will reform the federal unemployment insurance program. Republican leaders say the changes will help pay back a growing debt the state owes the federal government.
Advocates for workers say they are unnecessary and will push thousands of residents over a financial cliff. News and Observer reporter Mandy Locke joins Frank Stasio to discuss the changes and how it may affect tens of thousands of North Carolina residents.