Most Active Stories
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
- Back Porch Music Is Back On The Lawn: 8 Free Concerts In 2014
- Primary Heats Up For North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue January 29, 2013
Unemployment Changes Coming
The General Assembly is expected to consider legislation this week that will reform the federal unemployment insurance program. Republican leaders say the changes will help pay back a growing debt the state owes the federal government.
Advocates for workers say they are unnecessary and will push thousands of residents over a financial cliff. News and Observer reporter Mandy Locke joins Frank Stasio to discuss the changes and how it may affect tens of thousands of North Carolina residents.