Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Legislators Are Changing State Environmental Policy
- VIDEO: Colbert Claims To Be A Tar Heel After Sister Loses SC Congressional Race
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri December 23, 2011
UNC "Y" to House Social Innovation
The historic YMCA building on the Carolina campus will also serve as the home of a new Social Entrepreneurs initiative for students. The Social Innovation Incubator officially opens in January and will provide space for three teams of students to nurture their projects. Richard Harrill is the director of the Campus "Y" at UNC. He says they are currently accepting applications from students who want to be the first residents to work out of the innovation incubator.
Richard Harrill: "The project is both physical space is very important because you want to create a sense of community between organizations who want to do public good, they want to solve the world’s most intractable problems, social, environmental, economic."
The deadline to turn in social innovation applications is January 6th.