Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon December 26, 2011
UNC Goes Bowling Today
North Carolina will play in its 4th consecutive bowl game later today. The Tar Heels take on Missouri in the Independence Bowl.
The last 18 months have seen major changes to North Carolina’s football program. And the state of transition will last one more game, as interim coach Everett Withers coaches the team despite the hiring of a new head coach.
Larry Fedora was chosen to lead the program, but Withers will coach the team at the Independence Bowl. Withers was a candidate for the permanent job, but didn’t get it.
Everett Withers: "Coaches are day to day. You’re always disappointed when you don’t get something, but as a coach you learn to move on fast."
After that, Withers will move on and become an assistant coach at Ohio State. Withers led the program to a 7 and 4 record this season. He replaced Butch Davis, who was fired before practices began this past summer.