Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri December 6, 2013
TV Exchange Sparks Partisan Debate
When NC NAACP President William Barber sparred with state budget director Art Pope about the state’s political policies, it made headlines. The exchange spun off of a press conference where Barber announced plans to picket stores owned by Pope.
Host Frank Stasio continues the political discussion with Francis De Luca, president of the Civitas Institute, a conservative think tank funded in part by the John William Pope Foundation; and Irving Joyner, a law professor at North Carolina Central University and an attorney for the state NAACP.