Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri February 10, 2012
Tuition Increases Likely
The UNC Board of Governors will decide today on raising tuition at the 17 member schools.
Dave DeWitt: The tuition debates that have been going on at campuses across the state culminate today when the Board of Governors is expected to make a final decision on raising costs. It’s likely that tuition will go up for 2012. UNC System President Tom Ross has proposed that the increases stay below ten percent on all campuses. Yesterday, the Board’s Budget and Finance committee agreed and forwarded his proposal onto the full Board. Some UNC system schools, including Chapel Hill and NC State, had asked for larger increases. Students are expected to protest the Board of Governors meeting this morning.