Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Around the Nation
Thu March 21, 2013
TSA Finds Sword Hidden In Cane At Dulles Airport
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Guards at Dulles Airport outside Washington have a sense of humor. I once asked a guy at a checkpoint in the basement how he was doing, and he answered: Living that dream. Too bad we don't now what Dulles guards said when a woman put her cane in the scanner. There was a sword inside. It was a sword cane. The woman had no idea.
The TSA now says passengers should try unscrewing the tops of their canes to be sure there's no hidden blade inside. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.