Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu November 17, 2011
A Tribute to Thomas Berry
Catholic priest and philosopher Thomas Berry believed that humanity and nature must coexist if human beings were going to continue to survive on this planet. He grew up and died in Greensboro, NC. In between, Berry wrote books, taught and spread the gospel of ecospirituality. Host Frank Stasio talks about Thomas Berry and his legacy with Berry’s niece Ann Somers, a lecturer in Biology at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro; and Valerie Vickers, a teacher of science education at UNC-Greensboro and the winner of the Greensboro Public Library’s 2011 Thomas Berry Award.