Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
- Dozens Say NC's Proposed Rules For Abortion Clinics Are OK, But A Few Disagree
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu July 11, 2013
Triangle Tenants Brace Themselves For Section 8 Cuts
Section 8 is a federal subsidy program that bridges the gap between people with low-income and market rentals. But this summer, Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Raleigh, all face cuts to their Section 8 Voucher Program.
Host Frank Stasio talks about the potential cuts with Bebe Smith, a professor of social work and psychiatry at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Mai Nguyen, a professor of city and regional planning at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and Colin Campbell, a reporter at the News and Observer.
Politics & Government