Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu July 11, 2013
Triangle Tenants Brace Themselves For Section 8 Cuts
Section 8 is a federal subsidy program that bridges the gap between people with low-income and market rentals. But this summer, Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Raleigh, all face cuts to their Section 8 Voucher Program.
Host Frank Stasio talks about the potential cuts with Bebe Smith, a professor of social work and psychiatry at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Mai Nguyen, a professor of city and regional planning at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and Colin Campbell, a reporter at the News and Observer.
Politics & Government