Most Active Stories
- LISTEN: How A Refrigerator Gets Into A Manhole, And Other Raleigh Sewage Secrets
- Teens Help Turn Abandoned North Carolina Prisons Into Farms
- Global Warming Skeptic Fills Science Seat On Coal Ash Commission In North Carolina
- Take A 3D Virtual Tour Of Proposed Light Rail From Durham To Chapel Hill
- North Carolina Teachers Learn About Undocumented Immigrants Through Remarkable Story
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu July 11, 2013
Triangle Tenants Brace Themselves For Section 8 Cuts
Section 8 is a federal subsidy program that bridges the gap between people with low-income and market rentals. But this summer, Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Raleigh, all face cuts to their Section 8 Voucher Program.
Host Frank Stasio talks about the potential cuts with Bebe Smith, a professor of social work and psychiatry at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; Mai Nguyen, a professor of city and regional planning at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and Colin Campbell, a reporter at the News and Observer.
Politics & Government