Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Tue January 21, 2014
Franklin McCain, civil rights activist and one of the Greensboro Four, died this month.
His legacy is commemorated at the International Civil Rights Center and Museum at the Woolworth's in downtown Greensboro. And a decision by Governor Pat McCrory means the 12th congressional district seat vacated by democrat Mel Watt will remain open until the election in November. Host Frank Stasio gets the latest on these triad news stories from WUNC's Greensboro Bureau Chief Jeff Tiberii.