Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Wed January 25, 2012
Treasury Secretary Visits Siemens
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner will be in North Carolina today taking a tour of the new Siemens Charlotte Energy Hub.
Leoneda Inge: The Siemens Charlotte Energy Hub has been on the Obama Administration’s radar for several months. Last November was the ribbon-cutting for Siemens’ 350-million dollar gas turbine expansion. Just recently, the company was granted its biggest contract yet, a one-billion dollar deal to make 10 gas turbines and 18 generators for Saudi Arabia. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner will tour the new facility, holding it up as an example of a company that will export most of its products. The federal government helped secure funding for Siemens’ expansion. One of its 700 new employees, Jackie Bray, was a guest of the First Lady and sat in her box during last night’s State of the Union address.