Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- National Geographic Report, 'Rising Seas: Will The Outer Banks Survive?'
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu January 16, 2014
The Transformation Of A North Carolina Democracy
North Carolina’s politics have made national headlines lately as the traditionally Democratic state elected a Republican majority in the legislature and a Republican governor. The policy shift to the right might surprise those who think of the Old North State as a democratic stronghold.
Host Frank Stasio talks with East Carolina University political science professor Tom Eamon about the shift. His new book is "The Making of a Southern Democracy: North Carolina Politics from Kerr Scott to Pat McCrory" (UNC Press, 2014).
Tom Eamon is giving a talk at Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh tonight at 7:30pm. Find out more about Tom's upcoming appearances HERE.