Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu January 16, 2014
The Transformation Of A North Carolina Democracy
North Carolina’s politics have made national headlines lately as the traditionally Democratic state elected a Republican majority in the legislature and a Republican governor. The policy shift to the right might surprise those who think of the Old North State as a democratic stronghold.
Host Frank Stasio talks with East Carolina University political science professor Tom Eamon about the shift. His new book is "The Making of a Southern Democracy: North Carolina Politics from Kerr Scott to Pat McCrory" (UNC Press, 2014).
Tom Eamon is giving a talk at Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh tonight at 7:30pm. Find out more about Tom's upcoming appearances HERE.