Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- Durham-Chapel Hill Light Rail Project: Where Those Rails Might Go
- 'High School Is Not Easy. It's Not'
- NC County Will Trade Vintage Bonnie And Clyde Style Machine Guns For New Weapons
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu January 16, 2014
The Transformation Of A North Carolina Democracy
North Carolina’s politics have made national headlines lately as the traditionally Democratic state elected a Republican majority in the legislature and a Republican governor. The policy shift to the right might surprise those who think of the Old North State as a democratic stronghold.
Host Frank Stasio talks with East Carolina University political science professor Tom Eamon about the shift. His new book is "The Making of a Southern Democracy: North Carolina Politics from Kerr Scott to Pat McCrory" (UNC Press, 2014).
Tom Eamon is giving a talk at Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh tonight at 7:30pm. Find out more about Tom's upcoming appearances HERE.