Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri May 11, 2012
Thousands Graduating This Weekend
Thousands of graduating seniors will get their degrees this weekend. The three largest universities in the Triangle: Duke, NC State, and UNC Chapel Hill, all hold commencement ceremonies.
Dave DeWitt: Last-minute preparations are ongoing for the big events, including building stages, arranging chairs, and families checking into hotel rooms.
But for those graduating, like Mohammad Saad at UNC Chapel Hill, these last few days elicit conflicting emotions.
Mohammad Saad: It’s been a great experience so far, it’s a lot of nostalgia at this point. It’s kind of bittersweet, you absolutely love this place, you don’t want to leave, but then again, you’re excited for the next step.
Saad and his fellow UNC graduates will get degrees on Sunday. Duke also holds its commencement on Mother’s Day. Students at NC State graduate Saturday.