Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon March 25, 2013
Things To Say And Not To Say To A Vet
Jason Moon, an Iraq War vet, talks to guest host Sean Cole about the seven things people say to veterans that alienate and anger them. Things like: “Glad you made it back home,” and “What did you do over there?” While they seem like pleasantries, Moon says these comments can trigger trauma. He tells his story of denying and then facing PTSD, and sharing what he's learned with veterans through music. He has started a non-profit and calls it Warrior Songs.
Hear this interview at The Story's website.