Most Active Stories
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results In North Carolina
- Public Safety Officials: NC Prison Officers Are Getting More Threats From Prison Gangs
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- 'The Last Barn Dance:' Innovation At A North Carolina Dairy Farm
- Teen Author Explores An Alternate Reality
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon March 25, 2013
Things To Say And Not To Say To A Vet
Jason Moon, an Iraq War vet, talks to guest host Sean Cole about the seven things people say to veterans that alienate and anger them. Things like: “Glad you made it back home,” and “What did you do over there?” While they seem like pleasantries, Moon says these comments can trigger trauma. He tells his story of denying and then facing PTSD, and sharing what he's learned with veterans through music. He has started a non-profit and calls it Warrior Songs.
Hear this interview at The Story's website.