Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
- Dozens Say NC's Proposed Rules For Abortion Clinics Are OK, But A Few Disagree
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon March 25, 2013
Things To Say And Not To Say To A Vet
Jason Moon, an Iraq War vet, talks to guest host Sean Cole about the seven things people say to veterans that alienate and anger them. Things like: “Glad you made it back home,” and “What did you do over there?” While they seem like pleasantries, Moon says these comments can trigger trauma. He tells his story of denying and then facing PTSD, and sharing what he's learned with veterans through music. He has started a non-profit and calls it Warrior Songs.
Hear this interview at The Story's website.