Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue September 18, 2012
Michael Chabon famously constructs whole worlds in his novels. From the superhero invented by Cavalier and Clay to the Yiddish State of Alaska. His new novel, “Telegraph Avenue” (Harper Collins/2012) is no exception. It conjures a Bay Area struggling with chain stores and its countercultural past. It also comes with a playlist. Pulitzer Prize-winner Michael Chabon joins host Frank Stasio to talk about art, culture and the consolation of music.