Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue April 22, 2014
#TeachingIs: What's Your 6 Word Memoir?
What is teaching to you? Can you say it in 6 words?
We breathe each day to grow.
by Ms Moffett in Room1 at Benchmark school
I’m an educator, not content deliverer.
by Sarah Cacicio
Standardized tests do not define us
by 4th Grade Writing at Little Cypress Intermediate
Two Florida teachers, in conjunction with the Carrboro-based Center for Teaching Quality and the group Six-Word Memoir have created a new way to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week which begins May 5. They're rallying teachers to add their voices an tell the world what teaching really is.
You are invited to share your definitions, stories, small wins, big wins, or manifestos via social media. Think tweet, blog post, Vine, Instagram, YouTube, shareable graphic, Six Word Memoir.
But the key is to use the hashtag #TeachingIs. That way all of the contributions can be collected and shared.
Consider starting with the 6 word memoir.