Most Active Stories
- NC State Student Uncovered Neck Bone Of Biggest Dinosaur Ever
- NC Photographer Uses Pinup Photos As A Way For Women To Appreciate Their Bodies
- George Hamilton IV: 1937-2014. Five Songs That Made Him Famous
- 'Breathtaking' Images Discovered Of A 1950s Shoeshine Competition In North Carolina
- Scholars Gather Saturday To Share Little-Known NC Stories
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri July 19, 2013
Tax Reform, Budget March Through General Assembly
This week the General Assembly passed a tax reform bill that sets the stage for the state’s budget. The bill, while sweeping, wasn’t as broad as GOP lawmakers originally wanted. A budget agreement is expected to be reached today with details emerging over the weekend.
Host Frank Stasio talks budget and tax reform with Dan Barkin, senior editor of the News & Observer; Frank Roche, host of The Frank Roche Show on WFXR; and Rob Schofield, policy director for NC Policy Watch.