Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri July 19, 2013
Tax Reform, Budget March Through General Assembly
This week the General Assembly passed a tax reform bill that sets the stage for the state’s budget. The bill, while sweeping, wasn’t as broad as GOP lawmakers originally wanted. A budget agreement is expected to be reached today with details emerging over the weekend.
Host Frank Stasio talks budget and tax reform with Dan Barkin, senior editor of the News & Observer; Frank Roche, host of The Frank Roche Show on WFXR; and Rob Schofield, policy director for NC Policy Watch.