Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Wed March 19, 2014
Sunshine Week Inspires Dialogue About Open Government
This week is Sunshine Week, a time when newsmakers and advocates push for increased transparency in government. North Carolina public records law gives citizens and journalists equal access to information and mandates that all requests be responded to "as promptly as possible."
But some journalists have been struggling to get access to the information they want. Guest host Phoebe Judge talks with Raleigh Attorney Mike Tadych; WRAL Reporter Tyler Dukes; and UNC-Chapel Hill Journalism Professor Ryan Thornburg about the state of public records law in North Carolina.