Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri April 13, 2012
Emily Pilloton’s course, Studio H, is unlike any other offered at Bertie County Early College High School. The students who are enrolled get a break from staring at computer screens to work with their hands, constructing projects that benefit the local community.
They’ve made chicken coops to share with families and even built a pavilion that now houses the farmers market in Windsor, NC. Pilloton joins host Frank Stasio to talk about guiding a new generation of design engineers and what her handy students are working on next.