Most Active Stories
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- Academic Fraud At UNC: Athletes Directed Toward Bogus Classes
- The North Carolina Baseball Roots Of World Series Pitching Ace Madison Bumgarner
- Meet The North Carolina Boy With A 3D Printed Hand
- Check Out This Handy NC 'Ballot-Builder'
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Mon May 12, 2014
StoryCorps: Bringing A Split Family Closer Together
The StoryCorps mobile booth is wrapping up its stay in Durham this week. The silver trailer has been in town since last month, collecting conversations to archive at the Library of Congress. Many of those conversations are also airing on WUNC.
StoryCorps recently recorded a conversation with 12-year-old Bella Cude, her mother Susie Bird, and her step-mother Jenny Cude. Susie and Jenny are good friends despite being on two sides of a split family, and that family is about to get larger. Jenny is pregnant. Bella, Susie and Jenny talked about how they've been able to avoid the conventional struggles that come with divorce.
StoryCorps recorded Bella, Jenny and Susie at its mobile booth in Durham. If you'd like a peek inside, tours of the mobile booth will be available Thursday night during the Back Porch Music On The Lawn concert at the American Tobacco Campus in Durham.
StoryCorps In Durham