Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu January 31, 2013
The Story: The Assistant Principal Who Stopped a Shooter at His School
We continue our series of conversations about guns in America with Joel Myrick in Mississippi. In 1997, he was an assistant principal at Pearl High School when a student walked into the school and started shooting. Myrick ran to his car and got his legally-owned .45 Colt pistol and pointed it at the shooter to stop him.
We share listener letters about Gun stories.
A Table's Return
Janaya Lasker Ferretti tells the story of a much-loved table her grandmother owned - and how she got it back.
Producer Katie Davis talks to writer Sherman Alexie about losing language and the permanence of song among Native Americans.