Most Active Stories
- North Carolina-Based Band Snags Notable 'Song Of The Year' Honors
- NORAD's Santa Tracker Began With A Typo And A Good Sport
- A North Carolina Pie That Elicits An 'Oh My God' Response
- The “Lost” Recordings of an Overlooked Banjo Great
- Dozens Say NC's Proposed Rules For Abortion Clinics Are OK, But A Few Disagree
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu April 4, 2013
Stop And Frisk On Trial In New York City
Some New Yorkers have filed a federal lawsuit alleging that the New York City Police Department 's "Stop and Frisk" policy unfairly targets African Americans and Latinos. We hear from one of the young men behind the lawsuit, Nicholas Peart, who has been stopped by police three times.
Hear this interview on The Story's website. Also in this show: Radio Rookies reporters Ephraim Fromer and Temitayo Fagbenle interview Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly. And David Keller talks about teaching philosophy and values to students who are Mormon.