Most Active Stories
- It's Final: UNC Board of Governors Votes To Close Academic Centers
- Change Is In The Air For DENR, State Parks
- The Life, Legacy, And Science of "Queen of Agrobacterium" Mary-Dell Chilton
- How Some Teachers, Even On Snow Days, Are Still Teaching
- N.C. State Scholarship Fund To Honor Chapel Hill Shooting Victims
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri January 31, 2014
The State Of The Union: What It Means For North Carolina
In his annual address to the nation, President Obama discussed raising the minimum wage for federal workers and closing the gender wage gap. He also praised North Carolina's innovation hub.
Host Frank Stasio speaks with a roundtable of experts about the speech and its implications for North Carolina: Geoff Bennett, the Washington reporter for Time Warner Cable News, formerly News 14 Carolina; Ken Rudin, the Political Junkie; and, Jake Vigdor, a professor of public policy and economics at Duke University's Sanford School of Public Policy.