Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- Have We Been Overestimating Flood Risk On The Outer Banks?
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Fri January 31, 2014
The State Of The Union: What It Means For North Carolina
In his annual address to the nation, President Obama discussed raising the minimum wage for federal workers and closing the gender wage gap. He also praised North Carolina's innovation hub.
Host Frank Stasio speaks with a roundtable of experts about the speech and its implications for North Carolina: Geoff Bennett, the Washington reporter for Time Warner Cable News, formerly News 14 Carolina; Ken Rudin, the Political Junkie; and, Jake Vigdor, a professor of public policy and economics at Duke University's Sanford School of Public Policy.