Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed July 31, 2013
State Health Director Laura Gerald Resigns
State Health Director Dr. Laura Gerald has resigned from that post effective immediately.
A release from the Department of Health and Human Services said Secretary Aldona Vos accepted the resignation Tuesday. Gerald served as state health director for the past 18 months.
In a correspondence sent to DHHS employees, Vos thanked Gerald for her service and wished her well on her future endeavors. The secretary also announced temporary replacements in the Division of Public Health.
Deputy director Danny Staley will serve as acting director. Secretary Vos named Robin Cummings as the acting state health director. Cummings is director of the DHHS Office of Rural Health and Community Care. He will continue in that role.
No reason was given for Gerald's departure.