Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Wed July 31, 2013
State Health Director Laura Gerald Resigns
State Health Director Dr. Laura Gerald has resigned from that post effective immediately.
A release from the Department of Health and Human Services said Secretary Aldona Vos accepted the resignation Tuesday. Gerald served as state health director for the past 18 months.
In a correspondence sent to DHHS employees, Vos thanked Gerald for her service and wished her well on her future endeavors. The secretary also announced temporary replacements in the Division of Public Health.
Deputy director Danny Staley will serve as acting director. Secretary Vos named Robin Cummings as the acting state health director. Cummings is director of the DHHS Office of Rural Health and Community Care. He will continue in that role.
No reason was given for Gerald's departure.