Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- Witness To A Texas Execution: Part One
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Thu April 19, 2012
State Democratic Party Chairman Won't Run For Re-Election
State Democratic Party chairman David Parker addressed allegation of sexual harassment against the party's former Executive Director. Parker won't resign but is calling for an early election of a new chair.
Gurnal Scott: Parker says he will not seek another term as chairman. Jay Parmley resigned as the party's executive director this week after a former staffer alleged Parmley discussed his sexual activities and gave unwanted shoulder rubs. Parmley denies the claims. Parker went through a timeline of the claims and said the only thing Parmley is guilty of is being sociable.
David Parker: He's a friendly guy. That's who the man is. When he talks with you, he is one of those people who will shake your hand and put his hand, his other hand on your shoulder.
Parker says it was not his choice to settle the case, but the party's lawyer advised it. Top state Democrats, including Governor Bev Perdue, have called for Parker to step down.