Most Active Stories
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- 'Completely Unique': Cave-Dwelling Female Insects Have Penises
- Back Porch Music Is Back On The Lawn: 8 Free Concerts In 2014
- Primary Heats Up For North Carolina’s 2nd Congressional District
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri September 13, 2013
A Soldier's Eye: Rediscovered Photos From Vietnam
Charlie Haughey returned home from Vietnam with almost 2000 photo negatives of his fellow soldiers. He put them in a box and left them there for 45 years, untouched, until a friend encouraged him to digitize them. Charlie says seeing them brings back the war, and "things I did not take pictures of. And there are some that are, to me, just the scariest pictures in the world."
Also in this show: At 91 years old, Henry Stone is still at work as a record producer. He remembers producing one of Ray Charles' earliest recordings, and hand-selling early R&B albums to train porters and in barbershops.