Most Active Stories
- Suspects In Mugging Death Of UNC Chapel Hill Professor Charged With Murder
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- A Portrait Photographer Defies Social Norms
- National Geographic Report, 'Rising Seas: Will The Outer Banks Survive?'
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Fri September 13, 2013
A Soldier's Eye: Rediscovered Photos From Vietnam
Charlie Haughey returned home from Vietnam with almost 2000 photo negatives of his fellow soldiers. He put them in a box and left them there for 45 years, untouched, until a friend encouraged him to digitize them. Charlie says seeing them brings back the war, and "things I did not take pictures of. And there are some that are, to me, just the scariest pictures in the world."
Also in this show: At 91 years old, Henry Stone is still at work as a record producer. He remembers producing one of Ray Charles' earliest recordings, and hand-selling early R&B albums to train porters and in barbershops.