Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Thu May 31, 2012
Novelist Tayari Jones is the author of three books, all set in Atlanta, GA. Her latest, “Silver Sparrow” (Algonquin Books/2011) introduces readers to Atlanta’s black middle class through the story of two sisters, Dana and Chaurisse, whose father is married to both of the girls’ mothers.
Jones joins host Frank Stasio to talk about how bigamy, betrayal, sisterhood and social class all play powerful roles in her new novel.