Most Active Stories
- Political Flyer With Photo Of Lynching Distributed At North Carolina Church
- 'Masses' Of Sharks Near Shore On Carolina Coast
- Photos Of Same-Sex Marriage Celebrations Around North Carolina
- Academic Fraud At UNC: Athletes Directed Toward Bogus Classes
- 'Too Good To Be True' - Hundreds Of NC Schools Offer Free Meals To All Kids
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu May 29, 2014
Setting Up Shop In Historic Places
Carrie Knowles, the 2014 Piedmont Laureate, is tasked with encouraging North Carolina residents to come together to celebrate the art of writing.
She is an author, writing coach and arts advocate whose tenure in the role will include public readings and events to promote the arts.
Knowles thinks stepping away from everyday life to create space for art is a vital part of the writing process. To facilitate that objective, she will lead workshops in historic settings around the Piedmont, including a workshop on an Amtrak train.
Host Frank Stasio talks to Piedmont Laureate Carrie Knowles about the art of short fiction and her thoughts on writing.