Most Active Stories
- Four Concerts Scheduled In Expanded, Larger Back Porch Music Series In Durham
- Why Do Political Activists Burn Out?
- First Openly Lesbian Presbyterian Pastor, One Year In
- As Costa Concordia Sank, Newlyweds Allowed Others To Take Life Boats First
- Duke Professor Carries On Tradition Of Black Radical Poetry
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
The State of Things
Thu March 14, 2013
Second Journey Seeks To Redefine Retirement
Baby boomers are coming of retirement age at a rapid pace. The ordinary path forward would be golf, retirement homes and taking it easy, but Bolton Anthony, founder of Chapel Hill non-profit Second Journey, wants to change that conception of old age. He wants the hippies of the ‘60s to become the idealists of the new millennium. Host Frank Stasio talks to Bolton Anthony about his ideas for changing retirement.