Most Active Stories
- Minister Reflects On Decades As Elder In Methodist Church
- Two Teacher Training Programs, One Spot In The Budget
- Protesters Crowd Legislature For Fifth 'Moral Monday'
- After Innocence: Wrongfully Convicted Of Murder, Exonerated Days Before Execution Date
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Of NC Moving Out Of Iconic Chapel Hill Building
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Tue November 27, 2012
Secession and Revolution
Secession movements are cropping up across the United States following the re-election of President Barack Obama. But what do they even mean? Are they a fluke or an indication that changes are coming? And what relation does secession have with revolution?
Host Frank Stasio explores these questions with James Zink, assistant professor of political science at North Carolina State University; Don Doyle, professor of history at the University of South Carolina; Brandon Gorman, a PhD student in sociology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and filmmaker Rodrigo Dorfman.