Most Active Stories
- Snapshots Capture Life in Depression-Era North Carolina
- 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Duke Mathematicians Investigate 2012 Election Results
- For Thanksgiving: 8 Vintage Recipes From Duke University's Cookbook Archives
- North Carolina Teachers Learn About Undocumented Immigrants Through Remarkable Story
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Politics & Government
Tue August 28, 2012
SEANC Withholds Endorsement For Governor
The State Employees Association of North Carolina is not making an endorsement for governor.
Gurnal Scott: The organization representing more than 50,000 state employees and retirees is holding back its support..and perhaps more importantly..its money from Democrat Walter Dalton, Republican Pat McCrory and Libertarian Barbara Howe.
Dana Cope: I think they're focused on other issues perhaps that are polling higher in this election cycle.
SEANC Executive Director Dana Cope says the candidates don't line up with the group's beliefs.
Dana Cope: We've been very consistent with our basic philosophy and that's to provide quality public services to the taxpayers of North Carolina in the most efficient way possible.
SEANC endorsed Democrat Bev Perdue for governor four years ago.