Most Active Stories
- A Tree's Life: From The North Carolina Mountains To Your Living Room
- North Carolina To End Use Of Gas Chambers In Animal Shelters
- The Militarization Of North Carolina's Police
- North Carolina: Conservatives, Educators Debate Content Of AP U.S. History Class
- Panthers: Cam Newton Has Two Fractures In His Lower Back
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Arts & Culture
Wed March 12, 2014
Scott Simon at Carolina Theatre Tonight: War Is Hell. And Sometimes The Food Is Delicious
NPR's Scott Simon is in town tonight, with a presentation at the Carolina Theatre. The topic looks incredibly interesting:
Learning about true hospitality and graciousness from people in hellish places. Pizza in Kosovo, pasta in a refugee camp, and faux cheese during the siege of Sarajevo. Sometimes, eating well is the best revenge.
According to his bio, Simon has covered ten wars. He likely has the food stories to match.
Find out more about the event here.
— Scott Simon (@nprscottsimon) March 12, 2014
— Gary Craig (@gcraig1) March 12, 2014
— Natalie Harris (@natlhspeak) March 12, 2014
Carl Kasell Retires
All Tech Considered