Most Active Stories
- Carl Kasell Announces Retirement: Here Are 3 Things You Might Not Know About Him
- The Duke Porn Star: Three Waves Of Internet Shaming
- How A Confederate Ironclad Warship Landed On The Bottom Of The Neuse River
- What Is The Remotest Place In NC?
- South By Southeast: 18 Environmental Journalists Travel North Carolina
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
State of Things
Fri August 31, 2012
Sayonara to Hello
In 2011, magician Steve Marshall was living in Japan. That year, a deadly earthquake and tsunami struck and Marshall found it hard to get work in the aftermath of those disasters. He decided to take a magic tour across the United States to raise some cash.
Filmmaker Nic Beery tagged along with his camera and made the resulting documentary, "Sayonara to Hello." Host Frank Stasio talks to Marshall and Beery about the tour, the interesting folks they met along the way, the mysteries of magic and the film.