Most Active Stories
- Why Teacher Pay Matters Even If You Are Not a Teacher [Interactive Map]
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Carl Kasell Helps With Surprise Marriage Proposal
- NC Archaeologist Has Find-Of-A-Lifetime, 3 Years In A Row
- Police In NC Could Start Tracking License Plates On State Highways
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Tue July 16, 2013
Saying "Goodbye" to Patty Painter-Wakefield
Today is her last day. We say goodbye to our colleague Patty Painter-Wakefield. She and her family are moving to new opportunities out of state.
Patty joined WUNC in October 1995 as a morning classical music announcer and was heard daily spinning the classics for the next six years. She then moved into WUNC operations where she did a stellar job of keeping track of WUNC underwriting and on-air announcements and providing the WUNC "voice" for most afternoon and evening air shifts, in addition to creating monthly summer symphony broadcasts and handling many behind the scenes tasks during WUNC fund drives.
WUNC program director David Brower had this to say about Patty:"Patty has one of those classic public radio voices -- warm, welcoming, smart -- like an old friend. I know listeners will miss hearing her on WUNC. But in addition to what everyone hears, her contributions behind the scenes have been immeasurable."
We'll miss Patty here at WUNC and we wish her well in her new pursuits. You'll be able to hear Patty's voice through 4 p.m. this afternoon.