Most Active Stories
- Statue Of A Homeless Jesus Startles A Wealthy Community
- 'Alarming' Number Of Teachers Resigning In Wake County
- Do You Know This Chapel Hill Bus Driver? Man Wants To Say Thanks
- UNC’s New Grading System Could Show What That ‘A’ Is Really Worth
- Not Enough Doctors? How The Medical Education System Is Contributing To The Shortage
Hosts, Reporters and Producers
Thu July 18, 2013
Saul Bellow’s Heart: A Son’s Memoir
Greg Bellow grew up in the shadow of a famous father, Nobel Prize winning writer Saul Bellow. For most of their time together the relationship was contentious and their views often clashed, but Greg Bellow says that after his father’s death in 2005, he began to understand how conflicted his father had become as an older man, and he began to appreciate the toll writing had taken on his father’s life.
Hear the full conversation at The Story's website. Also in this show: A whale singing at an unusual frequency roams the Pacific Ocean, calling out with the regularity of a metronome, but never hearing a response; and essayist and novelist Andrew Lam on meeting his hero, fiction writer Russell Banks.